Monday, March 24, 2008

SPOILERS!

Turn back now if you are the type of person that likes surprises. Luckily for you all, I am not one of those people. And, I have the low down on the returning episodes of Grey's Anatomy. Worship me later if you feel the need.

Last chance before I reveal the spoilers. Better go, now.

First up, Meredith is going to be a stronger, more independent woman when the first episode returns on April 24th. She'll be navigating the waters of a world without McDreamy. As you all know, the pair broke up in the last episode before the writer's strike. However, by the fifth and final episode of the season, McDreamy and Meredith will have worked things out and will be together for good. I wonder what that means? Does "for good" translate to "until next season" or does "for good" translate to "a wedding". I doubt it, but I do sort of feel like Grey's Anatomy owes me a wedding ever since the fiasco of Dr. Burke and Dr. Yang. Another reason I highly doubt a wedding: Nurse Slutty is still around. Yeah, I felt the same way.

Second: Izzie and George have finally figured out that they are better off as friends. Halleluiah!! I thought the writers would never get the point. Even after I pretty much spelled out that the Gizzie affair is an abomination and the most incestual, nauseating relationship I have ever witnessed on TV aside from that one time I accidentally caught a viewing of Flowers in the Attic on Lifetime. I kind of attribute traumatic experiences like watching a brother and sister do the nasty on TV to my ultimate life goal of becoming a fantastic psychologist. And yes, I realize Izzie and George are not related in any way, shape or form, but my extensive knowledge of their off-screen sibling-like relationship ruins any chance of taking their characters as lovers seriously.

And finally, as I've already reported, Addison is back to do some kind of serious surgery either on a pregnant woman, or an infant. You can see her in the second episode. And I guess Ava is back. Call her what you will: Jane Doe, Ava, Rebecca, Karev's love interest, whatever. I don't really care much, so I won't report on it. Eventually the writers will take me seriously when I say Karev needs to be with Izzie.

Old friends and familiar faces

No comments: